Monday, April 4, 2011

Praising God!


I took this picture at the airport yesterday.  Hayden loves airplanes so he was all smiles watching Daddy, Richard, and Emma take off.   

One of the toughest decisions we had to make this winter was not to take Hayden to church and expose him to the winter sicknesses that seemed to be at every corner.  Rich and I decided to take turns each Sunday taking Richard and Emma to services at The Brook.  While it’s been hard on us not going to church together, we’ve kept Hayden well most of the time. 
We decided last weekend to try to go as a family again for the first time in months, hoping that most of the illnesses had disappeared from the Toddler Room at church.  By Tuesday though, Hayden started to cough and Rich and I were heartbroken.  NOT AGAIN!!!!  So, we pulled out the humidifier and started giving him Singulair again praying that he wouldn’t need to go to the hospital for treatments.  We've tried Pulmocort, Xoponex, and Albuterol breathing treatments but nothing provides any type of relief for him.  The only thing that works is Restimic.  (I’m sure I’ve totally butchered the spelling of the medication.)  This medication can only be given in the hospital hence the need for our frequent ER trips and hospital stays, up to this point. 
Well, the Singulair and humidifier seem to be working!  Since the cancellation of Hayden’s surgery on February 21 in Huntsville, I have been praying that God has been using this time to heal Hayden’s airway so that he won’t need surgery during the summer.  Hayden’s ability to overcome this episode has me hopeful beyond belief that our prayers are being answered!  Any other time he's caught a cold or anything that causes throat irritation, he’s ended up in the ER at a minimum.  I am cautious but optimistic this time around.  Our doctor has told us that his throat would most likely mature anywhere between 18 months and 4 years of age depending on the severity of the scaring. 
We’re still planning our trip to Cincinnati on April 21 but I’m praying that we’ll get a great report from the ENT at that time. 
Hope everyone has a blessed week! 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Reigen! I had no idea that all of this was going on with Hayden. I am so glad to have found your blog. You write so beautifully. And now I'm glad to be able to keep up with yall's journey with your sweet little boy. I will be praying for him and for you as yall head toward this procedure. You are a brave, strong mama!

    ReplyDelete